In this guide, I will show you how to become the dark yet complicated Disney character Maleficent with some common items and a little creativity.
Maleficent, played by Angelina Jolie in the recent film, is the main villain of the Disney classic Sleeping Beauty. However, her story was far more complicated than the original story let in. She isn’t evil for no reason. She had her wings and power stolen by King Stefan in an act of betrayal so hurtful that she brooded and mounted her revenge by casting a spell on the king’s daughter Aurora to dream deeply.
Maleficent’s look is also at the core of her character. Reveling in dark colors, Maleficent is perhaps best known for the unique looking horned headdress that adorns her head. This one costume that will surely turn heads at any cosplay or Halloween event.
How to Dress Like Maleficent
Maleficent’s horned headdress is the key to her unique costume. Here are a few options:
If you want to do something simple, use a pencil to draw the figure of the horns on a piece of cardboard. Cut out the silhouette, and proceed to paint it with black paint. Stick it on a headband and you are good to go with a simple costume accessory.
If you want to enhance the horns of the costume you need:
- 2 plastic cups
- 1 headband
- Aluminum foil
- Absorbent paper
- Black paint
1. Open two holes at the base of both cups.
2. Cut the wires and insert them through the hole in each cup and mold the silhouette of the horns.
3. Glue the cups to the headband.
4. With the help of aluminum foil, shape the horns.
5. Make a paste by mixing half a glass of white glue with half a glass of water and apply the paste on the absorbent paper to form a hard crust.
6. After drying it, apply black paint.
The makeup of this character is very simple, you just have to contour your cheekbones with the help of brown and black contours and shades, paint your lips a deep red color and use false eyelashes to enhance the intimidating look.
The wardrobe is very simple to recreate. Here are some options:
1. Wear a long flowing black dress.
2. Another option is to wear black leather pants and a black leather blouse to highlight your figure.
3. If you have black pants or leggings you can use it, along with a black low-cut blouse. If you have a black mage cloak you can use it to simulate the Maleficent cloak.
4. The use of wings is optional since you can reflect the before or after Maleficent. Therefore, with a cardboard box, assemble two large wings and paint them in black, then connect them with wire and a padded support to place them on your shoulders.
Wear black shoes, specifically high ankle boots regardless of the material of the shoe. The important thing is that the complete outfit is in a dark tone that conveys the essence of Maleficent.
1. Use the wooden broomstick and paint it black.
2. For the sphere use a green ball or paint a sphere that you have at home.
3. After drying the paint, stick it to one end of the stick with hot silicone and so you build a stick to intimidate your friends.